Apply Z-Poxy Filler

In preparation for the filler, the ukuleles were sealed with two coats of blonde shellac. The shellac was sprayed on with Preval sprayer, a small compact sprayer where you fill up a spray medium of your choice. After some trail error, I found spraying with the grain got the best. The tops don't need filler, so I masked them off. Z-Poxy is an epoxy product that can be used for pore filling. Two to three applications are recommended. The mix is 1:1 and should dry overnight. I followed the directions, except I put too much on. It was thick and not drying properly. I researched the application process. The following worked for me: - mix resin and hardener 1:1 in a small cup a glob about the size of a dime. - use a small glue brush to apply on the back 2 to 3 dabs - work about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the back by scraping at a 45 degee angle with a credit card - focus on filling the pores with a thin film of Z-Poxy.

Comments