Attach Neck to Body



Two weeks ago I was dry fitting the neck to the body with clamps to make sure everything was aligned and take care of any issues. I was putting the uke and clamps into my vise, it slipped out of the vise and fell on the floor. I picked up the body and left my workshop so upset that I did not assess the damage until the next day. The neck/fretboard was in the wastebasket and to my amazement the uke body had no damage at all. The neck had a very small dent, but hardly visible.

This morning, I was determined to finish the job I started two weeks ago. I dry fit the clamps, masked off with tape for alignment and to minimize glue squeeze out. I found it easier to align and clamp the fretboard to the body, then place the main neck to heel clamp at an angle and tighten up on the cauls. Well it's done with no major mishaps; it should be dry by tomorrow.

Comments